Welcome!

I started this page as a way to share good and healthy recipes with my family and friends (so many had asked for my Quinoa and Kale Salad recipe!) and to encourage more of us to get motivated to make a change for the better. There are only a few of us posting so far, but please feel free to invite anyone who you'd think would like to share recipes with us, just e- mail or facebook message me their e-mail address and I will add them as an administrator.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Quinoa and Kale Salad

This is the recipe that inspired me to create this page - I had so many takers I got writer's cramp! A very delicious and refreshing salad - and packed with protein, who needs meat?

5 or 6 cloves garlic
1 med onion
juice of 3 lemons
1/4 C cold-pressed olive oil
Real Salt and pepper
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 bunch finely chopped red kale
1 large sweet potato, cooked
2 large carrots, sliced
6 or more handfuls baby spinach

Saute garlic and onion in a tablespoon or two of the olive oil until done to your preference, add to a large salad bowl with lemon juice, the rest of the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Whisk well. Add quinoa, kale and carrots, toss well. Add sweet potato(chopped into bite-sized pieces) and spinach, toss and eat yum!

No comments: