Welcome!

I started this page as a way to share good and healthy recipes with my family and friends (so many had asked for my Quinoa and Kale Salad recipe!) and to encourage more of us to get motivated to make a change for the better. There are only a few of us posting so far, but please feel free to invite anyone who you'd think would like to share recipes with us, just e- mail or facebook message me their e-mail address and I will add them as an administrator.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Crackers!

These are not exactly "alkaline" but I do use only organic ingredients and they are delicious -in moderation- with a generous serving of mushed avocado.

1 1/2 C organic whole wheat flour
1/2 C Hemp or Flax seeds
6 Tbs olive oil - cold pressed
Real Salt (to taste)
Filtered water

Add flour and Real Salt to med size bowl, add olive oil and "rub" into flour well to form a crumb-like texture. Add seeds and mix by hand while slowly adding water to form a somewhat stiff dough. Roll out thin and cut small squares out of dough (use a sharp knife and a grid-like pattern). Bake at 375 for around 10 minutes (test for doneness). Crackers are done when crispy but not brown. Experiment with herbs / spices for different flavors if you wish (someone suggested rosemary, sounds yummy to me!)

1 comment:

jen said...

we must make these tomorrow! ive been craving them!!